Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lunch Time Ride

Well today I got out and rode my 15.5 mile loop by the house. This loop includes the "Autobahn", and a lap around the Veloway, and of course the distance to and from the house. This is the first time in awhile that I have gotten out and ridden by myself, and let me tell you I have missed it.

Lately, I have been either riding with a group or riding with the wife. Both of these are fun but to me nothing is quite like the solitude of riding alone. In groups, you are always either riding a little slower than you like, or a little faster, it is always hard to peg your "just right" speed. With a bunch of events coming up in the near future I am not sure how much solo riding I am gonna get in in the next month but let me tell you I sure enjoy it.

BTW the Autobahn has to be the only out and back route that I do that somehow you get a head wind in each direction. How is that possible.

2 comments:

Lulu said...

I am glad I am not the only person who thinks there is always a headwind on the autobahn - it seems to defy modem physics. But it definitely happens!

Shorey said...

I like riding by myself as well. It's peaceful and there's no competition.