Sunday, July 29, 2007

Just your ordinary weekend

Well nothing extremely exciting happened this weekend, but it was packed as usual.

Friday: We met up with a few friends for happy hour, and I had my new favorite drink, a proper pint of Guinness. I have been drinking Guinness off and on for a few years now and had forgotten how much I enjoy it.

Saturday: Woke up bright and early to do the Lost Creek stacked brick. The weather once again was pretty nice, with the temperatures moderate for Austin this time of year. Of course that means low 90s instead of 100s. Put since we have had so much rain the humidity is just oppressive. On the news the other day they reported that the weather we have had this summer is akin to that in areas that surround tropical rain forests.

This run, bike, run workout was a doozy. The first run seemed pretty easy, and my confidence was pretty high as my running has really seemed to come around. On the bike I made the mistake of going out too hard, and the route is very hilly. I guess I had spent too much time watching the Tour and thought that I could fly like those guys. Anyway my legs simply did not have the "snap" like they usually do. The second run is where the pain really set in, and I ended up getting a pretty bad side stitch but after a few seconds of walking and a Hammer Gel I was able to drag my butt to the finish. Afterwards we all sat around recovered, had a beer, then headed out for a great breakfast/lunch at Trudys.

Saturday night we went downtown for the first time in ages and had a great time with some of our friends.

Sunday: Instead of getting up early and driving to Pflugerville for the group long ride, I figured I would just sleep in for once. I did not wake up until 10:30 and felt fantastic. Watched a movie, took a short ride, walked the dog, did yard work, took a nap, etc. All in all a very relaxing and needed Sunday off.

2 comments:

Dionn said...

Sometimes you just need to sleep in... way to listen to what you REALLY need!

although we did miss you on the ride... :)

Shorey said...

I couldn't tell you the last time I slept til 10:30. I'm not sure I could do it. But it sounds heavenly.