Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Year Without - Recap

As some of you may know last year I attempted to go a full year without buying new clothes. This might not seem like a big deal but if you have seen my closet you know this is actually a much bigger thing than advertised. I used to buy tons of clothes and like to constantly have something new. But what I noticed is even with tons of new things I consistently wore the same things over and over again anyway.

So last year I made it a goal not to buy anything new with a few exceptions as noted here. And all in all I think I did a pretty darn good job.

All that I bought was 6 short sleeve polos, 3 pairs of pants, and dress socks. All of these items fall into the category of business casual clothes for work and were items that I needed going into my job at HMH. I also purchased a LIVESTRONG long sleeve tech tee after the ride in October.

For gifts I received two tee shirts, a mid-weight pullover, a Ravens jersey, and some cycling socks. Also as part of the autoship program with Hammer Nutrition I received free bib shorts.

So all in all 11 new tops, 3 bottoms, cycling bib shorts, and socks.

Also I attempted to continue giving to Goodwill as I have in the past. This year the pickings were a little bit slimmer but I still managed to give away:

10 button down shirts
10 tee shirts
4 tech shirts

In 14 items, Out 24 items. Not bad. At this rate by this time next year Carri might actually get half of our closet. But don't bet on it.

No comments: