Thursday, January 15, 2009

Birthday Blog - Part 1

So today I am officially "older" but don't they say that the 30s are the new 20s. And the 40s are the new 30s? So using that logic I am basically a teenager again, or something like that.

Well being that I am old and you have to suck every ounce out of your birthday I got up early and went to breakfast with Carri at Chick-fil-a. Nothing like starting your day with some chicken goodness. (Sidebar: I really like Chick-fil-a it is certainly my favorite fast food place, I mean flowers on the table, a pepper grinder, those are touches of class that you do not see normally in a fast food place).

Next I headed to Target to try to find some sweat pants as I had a Christmas Target gift card burning a hole in my pocket.



Not only did I find sweat pants on clearance I also got two military style shirts and a goofy straw hat on sale. I have been looking at these hats the past few years at ACL Festival but the price ($40-50) always scares me away. So drum roll please after using my $20 gift card my total out of pocket was $0.76. What a bargain shopper.

BTW I know this post is in complete opposition to my last Year Without post but give me a break it is my birthday.

1 comment:

RHS said...

Dude, this post may be the exact opposite of the last, but you made it a whole year basically buying nothing! The least you could do is pick up a few things on your birthday.