Saturday, January 5, 2008

Hello Old Friend

Today for the first time in approximately six years I ate red meat.

I originally gave it up to try to drop some weight when I was training for the marathon back in Winter 2001-2002. I have not missed it until recently when I started thinking why am I depriving myself of something. For the past few years I have not eaten it under the impression that I would get sick if I started eating it again, but after alot of Internet research I learned that is not the case. So today I eased back into the realm of red meat with an open faced roast beef sandwich with swiss cheese and horseradish sauce. Beef is not as delicious as I remember it being but that might all change when I have my first medium rare steak in few days.

1 comment:

Shorey said...

Please tell me your roast beef wasn't from Arby's!! If it was, then that explains why it didn't taste very good... A great steak is absolutely what you need to bring it all back. Of course, maintain some moderation!