Saturday, January 5, 2008

Goodbye Old Friend

After having to sit out the past three weeks with injury it looks like I am out for the 3M half marathon and the AT&T half marathon. My whole goal of this training season was to PR in the 3M and that goal has been blown away by the injury. Of course I am going back to the doctor on Monday and might be cleared but with this much time off I think the PR is out of reach.

Since that goal is unattainable with only 3 weeks till 3M, I simply do not have the motivation to put in the miles. This is the first time I have been injured due to running and I think I did too much too early in the season. 8-10 mile runs 3-5 months out from my events was simply too much.

So am I bummed:yes, do I hope the weather stays nice so I can get back on the bike:yes.

Hopefully the pain in the calf will continue to dissipate and I can get back to normal soon.

3 comments:

Shorey said...

Now you can get on your bike! I hear ya, though. I am also not going to run, and as soon as I made that decision a huge weight lifted, and the injury is healing (finally for good). Enjoy the time off. Duathlon/Cycling starts soon...

Steamer's Vent said...

well son, you could have blogged about your time in MD and what a great time you had in the suite at the Ravens game. Or, you could have blogged about the time you spent with your brother or .....

I suspected Red meat would be back in your diet at some time. They have great steaks in Vegas.

Love you

Dad

Missychel said...

races will be there waiting for you......enjoy your time off and do not stress over it. OH yeah.....get a friggin massage for the leg of yours!!