Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend Activities

This past weekend was a great one here in Austin. Even though the temps are steadily climbing they are not intolerable yet. Saturday was the Armadillo Hill Country Classic. I chose the 76 mile route and rode along with several people from Team Affliction including Panther, Lulu, Erin, Chris, and Justin. We stayed together for most of the afternoon. I went a little ahead at the end as several of those folks were far surpassing their previous long rides and faded a bit, but overall they all did incredible. After the ride I did a short run and dreaded that more than the approximate five hours in the saddle.

Sunday, Carri and I participated in the first annual Wiley and Lulu 5k trail run. Man was that fun. I have not done much trail running but thoroughly enjoyed myself, even though Carri passed me with only about a quarter mile to go. Dang her. Just kidding.

Overall a great Mother's Day weekend. This upcoming weekend is the Tour de Cure and I will have many updates leading up to that event.

Enjoy.

No comments: