Monday, May 7, 2007

Shiner GASP Report

After last years rain soaked, high wind, thunder and lightning Shiner ride I swore that I would never do this ride again. With some coaxing from one of my regular ride partners, I changed my mind and did the ride again this year. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. This year was definitely the last time I will do this ride. Here is the recap...

- Two flat tires within the first 8 miles
- Riding partner not feeling it and struggling within the first 20 miles
- More rain this year
- Long expanses of road with little shoulder and high speed limits
- Final 45 miles into a severe headwind
- Average speed for the 85 mile ride to just over 15 mph
- Hour and a half drive home after ride

So basically not a very enjoyable afternoon even though the Shiner Bock at the end was very refreshing. So my enjoyment of the beer remains high while the enjoyment of the ride enters into Bush's approval rating territory.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Michael Gregory said...

screw bikes... just come back to CrossFit! haha. just jokin. Jerm put a great pic of you on the CFC site. cool blog. keep up the hustle.

Mike
CFC
Fittest peops in ATX