Thursday, March 13, 2008

SXSW - Day 1

The annual music extravaganza SXSW started yesterday in Austin, TX, here is my recap...

Start: 4 PM
Akron/Family: pretty good
Ra Ra Riot: okay
Saul Williams: okay
Black Joe Lewis: This guy is from Austin and he was very good, I think he will have a much larger following in the near future
Deer Tick: it was okay but I was not feeling it, only stayed about 20 minutes
Wax Fang: nice gritty rock and roll, but the best part of the show was Jim James of My Morning Jacket was right in front of me, pretty cool
Nightwatchman: this was the highlight of the night, the Nightwatchman is Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine and he put on a great show, plus Ben Harper came out and played a song with him
Pure Volume afterparty: I was under the impression that they had gotten rid of most of the afterparties but I was certainly mistaken as this part went on until the wee hours and the free beer, liquor, soda, water, etc. flowed
End: 3 AM

No comments: