Monday, October 15, 2007

Boomerz Poker

So Carri and I have been going to Boomerz for a couple years now. It is just our little neighborhood bar where we can go, have a few drinks, play the video trivia game at the bar (I am addicted to Word Dojo by the way), maybe watch the game and relax. We have been going on Sunday afternoons for awhile just to cap off the week.

About 2 months ago they brought in poker on Sunday nights, with two sessions one at 6 pm and one at 9 pm. Over the this time I usually do fairly well and if we play both sessions I can make the final table in one of them. Carri has done significantly better than me as she usually makes the final table and won a session 3 weeks ago.

All this changed last night as I had my best evening ever. In the first session I got second place, and then in the 9 pm session I won. A first and a second place in the same night, not too shabby. Maybe it was good karma for participating in the LIVESTRONG Challenge in the morning.

Raise money for cancer survivors in the morning and win poker at night. A good Sunday indeed.

1 comment: