Saturday, June 9, 2007

OK Free Wheel Day 0

First and foremost I want to give a shout out to all parents that take their kids on a road trip. Carri and I drove in from Austin last night and after a few hours in the car I was sick of both of us. How do parents drive cross country with kids? We could barely make it 6 hours. Anyway...we got into Duncan, OK at about midnight and and there was a little club in the hotel so we went there for a beer to shake off the road buzz. The club is called Spirits and according to the sign they are the hottest dance club in Duncan. Of course we were two of the 5 people there at midnight on Friday. What does that say about Duncan?

Slept in today since we got in late, that is the last day of sleep for awhile. Since today is an unofficial day it is unsupported and ride on your own down to the Texas state line. I got started around 11:30 and proceeded to get lost within the first 2 miles. Of course living in Oklahoma for 13 years I know that if you are trying to go south but miss a turn just keep going and turn at the next street. Everything is flat and very gridlike. So I finally realized the route marking was on the road and not as signage, once I figured that out I was good to go.

Rode the 46 miles roundtrip with an average speed of 18.4 mph while riding solo and finished around 2:15. Not too bad. Tomorrow I will start much earlier as the heat really came up on the ride back to Duncan.

Till tomorrow...

No comments: