Thursday, March 8, 2007

Crossfit Bootcamp Increased Base Fitness


I am in the 5th week of training for the MS150 and Tour de Cure cycling events and Crossfit bootcamp has turbocharged my training. As an off-season program I participated in Crossfit Centrals PM bootcamp for January and February. The benefits were astounding. My leg and core strength far surpass where I was last year even after a full 10 weeks of training. My stamina is greatly improved and my threshold for pain has skyrocketed. Though I am completely focusing on on-bike training this month and not participating in the March bootcamps, I know that my base fitness is far above what it would have been with biking alone. I will certainly be back in bootcamp once these rides are completed. Thanks Crossfit Central. Now off for a 20 mile ride.

No comments: